You already know eating a balanced diet is the key and the role of diet is discussed in more details in this article.
Find below suggestions on what to eat at what time of the day. Suggestions are for purely vegetarian people.
Of course eat well and get back to studies at simplylearnt.com
- 50gm Paneer or corn flakes
Very small portion with natural sugars only to keep you going till lunch.
- Banana, Apples
- Small bowl of boiled sweet corns
- Dried Dates or apricots
- Carrots or Carrot Juice
- Walnuts or almonds
Keep the lunch also low on carbohydrates and fats in order to not make you sluggish. Keep the portions also small. High protein foods like kidney beans, sprouts or soya stimulate the brain so are better for use at lunchtime. Keep a salad portion to get the vitamins and minerals and a wholegrain bread for the carbohydrates. Very colorful vegetables are great like spinach, bell peppers, broccoli and carrots.
Or should I say mid afternoon! You can opt or vegetables to munch on like carrots, radishes, celery. Proteins like cheese, bowl of paneer or roasted soya nutsare a good option. Add a fruit for necessary sugars. Ginger tea (ginger boiled in water with honey) is great too.
Starchy foods like pasta, rice and bread trigger the release of the hormone serotonin from the brain, which is relaxing and prepares you for sleep. Dinner time is a good time to have this. Also ensure you have your dinner at least 2 hours before sleep. Keep a portion of salad again. Desserts, low on sugar and fats, are allowed but in a very small portion.
You need to keep you going throughout the day. You should also get nutrients and keep your blood sugar level stable. Keep nuts and light crackers handy.
Foods to Avoid
- Avoid candy bars, chocolates or sweets. They do give you a kick right after eating but after some time the blood sugar levels swoop and you feel like on a roller coaster.
- Cut back on caffeine. Small quantity is great to give you a boost, more will give you jitters
- Avoid fast food and fried food, chips and toffees, apart from making your brain sluggish they will give you extra calories which you are burning due low physical activities in exam days.
Concept behind the diet
ALL THE BEST