AIIMS Exam PatternTime Allotted: 210 min (3 hr 30 min)
Total Questions: 200 questions
Physics(60), Chemistry(60), Biology(60), General Knowledge(20)
Difficulty Level: High
Time to devote to each section
- Each question needs to be done in slightly more than one minute (about 63 seconds) if you need to attempt full paper in the given time limit.
- Speed and accuracy are the key in this exam as it is a lengthy paper.
- Here is how you should divide your time on the exam:
Physics - 70 min
Chemistry - 65 min
Biology - 55 min
General Knowledge - 10 min
Revision - 5 min
- Pre-scanning complete paper will not be possible but take this time to become comfortable with the test application.
- General Knowledge as well as some questions in Biology will require much less time so you can use this time for more difficult questions.
- Make sure to keep about 5 minutes in the end (shown above in Revision) for scanning your attempt to ensure you have not left anything.
How to approach the paper
- Start with your strong point. For example, if Biology is your strong point finish that section first and keep the most difficult subject to the end.
- Do not rush on the paper and read the questions carefully.
- If you are finding a question difficult and by 30 seconds you are not sure of the answer, skip this question and move on. Come back to it later.
- Have enough rough sheets with you and ask for new rough sheets before you run out of your previous sheets in order to save time.
- As there is negative marking, so do not make wild guesses. If you are doing calculated guess then make sure to use process of elimination.
Tips for Computer Based Test
- AIIMS is now a computer based test from 2015.
- Practice solving questions on a computer well before the exam. Simplylearnt.com is a good option for that.
- Make sure to keep rough sheets and pen close to the mouse pad in order to avoid wasting time in switching between computer and paper.
- Take AIIMS Test Series from Simplylearnt to get complete practice.
ALL THE BEST