BITSAT Exam PatternTime Allotted: 180 min
Total Questions: 150 questions
Physics(40), Chemistry(40), Mathematics(45), English Proficiency(15), Logical Reasoning(10)
Difficulty Level: Moderate - High
Time to devote to each section
- Each question needs to be done in slightly more than one minute (72 seconds) if you need to attempt full paper in the given time limit.
- Speed and accuracy are the key in this exam as it is a lengthy paper.
- Here is how you should divide your time on the exam:
Physics - 50 min
Chemistry - 45 min
Mathematics - 60 min
English and Logical Reasoning - 15 min
Revision - 5 min
- Pre-scanning complete paper will not be possible but take this time to become comfortable with the test application.
- English and Logical Reasoning as well as some questions in Physics and Chemistry will require much less time so you can use this time for more difficult questions.
- Make sure to keep about 5 minutes in the end (shown above in Revision) for scanning your attempt to ensure you have not left anything.
How to approach the paper
- Start with your strong point. For example, if Chemistry is your strong point finish that section first and keep the most difficult subject to the end.
- Do not rush on the paper and read the questions carefully.
- If you are finding a question difficult and by 30 seconds you are not sure of the answer, skip this question and move on. Come back to it later.
- Have enough rough sheets with you and ask for new rough sheets before you run out of your previous sheets in order to save time.
- As there is negative marking, so do not make wild guesses. If you are doing calculated guess then make sure to use process of elimination.
Tips for Computer Based Test
- Practice solving questions on a computer well before the exam. Simplylearnt.com is a good option for that.
- Make sure to keep rough sheets and pen close to the mouse pad in order to avoid wasting time in switching between computer and paper.
- Take BITSAT Test Series from Simplylearnt to get complete practice.
Extra 12 questions
- If your goal is to also take the extra 12 questions given to those who attempt all 150 questions within time limit, then you may want to finish 150 questions in about 160 minutes.
- You will need to solve questions faster than usual paper but make sure you do not make silly mistakes in a rush.
Overall, remain calm all through the paper in order to avoid silly mistakes. Do not panic if any section takes longer time just skip questions you cannot do.
ALL THE BEST