JEE Advanced Exam PatternTime Allotted: 180 min
Total Questions: 60 questions
Physics(20), Chemistry(20), Mathematics(20)
Difficulty Level: High
Time to devote to each section
- Each question needs to be done in three minutes if you need to attempt full paper in the given time limit.
- JEE Advanced exam is always challenging due to application of multiple concepts in each question. Keep some time to carefully understand what is asked in the question
- Here is how you should divide your time on the exam:
Physics - 55 min
Chemistry - 50 min
Mathematics - 65 min
Revision - 5 min
- Pre-scanning is important so you can plan how to approach your paper.
- Some questions in Physics and Chemistry will require much less time so you can use this time for more difficult questions.
- Make sure to keep about 5 minutes in the end (shown above in Revision) for scanning your attempt to ensure you have not left anything.
How to approach the paper
- Start with your strong point. For example, if Chemistry is your strong point finish that section first and keep the most difficult subject to the end.
- Do not rush on the paper and read the questions carefully.
- If you are finding a question difficult and by 30 seconds you are not sure of the answer, skip this question and move on. Come back to it later.
- Have enough rough sheets with you and ask for new rough sheets before you run out of your previous sheets in order to save time.
- Make sure you write assumptions and information provided on your rough sheet prior to attempting a question.
- As there is negative marking, so do not make wild guesses. If you are doing calculated guess then make sure to use process of elimination.
- Doing mock papers will be helpful as will prepare you to take the stress. You can purchase the JEE Advanced Test Series on simplylearnt.com.
Overall, remain calm all through the paper in order to avoid silly mistakes. Do not panic if any section takes longer time just skip questions you cannot do.
ALL THE BEST