MH-CET Exam PatternTime Allotted: 180 min
Total Questions: Physics(50), Chemistry(50), Biology(100)
Time to devote to each section
- Each question needs to be done in less than one minute (54 seconds) if you need to attempt full paper in the given time limit.
- Here is how you should divide you time on the exam:
Pre-scanning - 5 min (go through the paper to get a complete picture)
Physics - 60 min (you will require time for lengthy questions)
Chemistry - 50 min
Biology - 60 min
Revision - 5 min
- Some simple factual questions especially in Biology will require much less time so you can use this time for more difficult questions.
- Make sure to keep about 5 minutes in the end (shown above in Revision) for scanning your attempt to ensure you have not left anything.
How to approach the paper
- Start with your strong point. For example, if Chemistry is your strong point finish that section first and keep the most difficult subject to the end.
- Do not rush on the paper and read the questions carefully.
- If you are finding a question difficult and by 30 seconds you are not sure of the answer, skip this question and move on. Come back to it later.
- Have enough rough sheets with you and ask for new rough sheets before you run out of your previous sheets in order to save time.
- As there is no negative marking, you should plan to attempt all the questions in the end even if you run out of time. Keep the last 5-10 minutes for that. Make an intelligent guess as much as possible.
Overall, remain calm all through the paper in order to avoid silly mistakes.
ALL THE BEST